This Dried Fruit Compote is so delicious, especially during colder months. If you also usually have dried fruit to spare or simply want to try a different recipe, then this jam is for you. You can also make it more interesting by using spices that give it a warmer touch. It's so delicious on bread, pancakes, and more! The combination of dried fruits can be changed according to what you have at home
Dried Fruit Compote [Vegan]
For the Compote:
- 3.5 ounces of dried figs
- 3.5 ounces of dried apricots
- 1.75 ounces of raisins
- 1 ounce of broken walnut kernels
- 6.76 ounces of 100% apple juice (without sugar)
- 4 ounces of orange juice (about 2)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 anise star
Optional ingredients :
- powdered ginger
- powdered cloves
- stevia, agave, honey, coconut sugar (if you want to sweeten it)
- Cut the figs and apricots into pieces.
- In a bowl add the dried fruits, spices and fruit juices.
- Cover and let stand overnight in the refrigerator.
- The next day bring to a low heat and cook for 30 minutes. If necessary add a little water. The fruits should be very soft.
- Turn off the stove and if you like, pass everything with the magic wand or the chopper (remove the anise star first). Add the walnut kernels and if you want you can sweeten it with a little stevia, honey, agave ...
- Place in a jar and store in the refrigerator.