These little cakes have an excellent tropical flavor punctuated by the perfect deep pink color, thanks to dragon fruit. The filling, made from vegan cream cheese and cashews, has a rather New York -style cheesecake consistency that will knock your socks off.
Dragon Fruit Cheesecake With Coconut Oat Crust [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 1/2 cup whole rolled oats
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- A dash of salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup coconut or canola oil
For the Filling:
- 3/4 cup pre-soaked raw cashews (30 minutes in boiling water should do it)
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dragon fruit juice (blended fruit)
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- A dash of salt
To Make the Crust:
- Whirl the oats and coconut together in the food processor until relatively smooth. Then add the rest of the ingredients except the oil. Drizzle that in on pulse until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into the four pans, tamp it down well in each of them, and pre-bake for 10 minutes at 350°F. Set aside to cool while you make the filling.
To Make the Filling:
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and run until as smooth as possible. (High-speed blenders help tremendously with this), Divide the filling into the four 4-inch mini springform pans, approximately 3/4 cup each. Bake at 350°F for 24-27 minutes.
- Take them out when just the last little bit of the center is still jiggly, maybe the size of a half dollar or so. Cool on the counter for an hour, then transfer to the refrigerator uncovered. Serve with additional sweetened dragonfruit purée or on its own.
- Dragon Fruit