There's no better way to use leftover black beans than brownies! These chunky, fudgy brownies are actually good for you, easy to make, and quick! Chocolate is always the answer, especially when it's double.
Double Dark Chocolate Black Bean Brownie-Cookies [Vegan, Flourless, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Oil-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked black beans or a 15-ounce can of sodium free black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1/2 heaping cup and 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (or chopped dark chocolate bar), divided
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or other granulated sweetener)
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter, unsalted)
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Melt 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips in the microwave or in a double boiler.
- Add the black beans, melted chocolate, and remaining ingredients to the bowl of your food processor. Process until completely smooth, then add the 1/3 cup of remaining chocolate chips and pulse or stir in until well-distributed.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for about 30 min – 1 hour; you want to be able to scoop and roll the dough.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment. Scoop out heaping tablespoons of dough and roll into balls and slightly flatten with the pan of your hand, or leave as balls for a super thick cookie.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes, then cool for 10 minutes (or longer) before eating. Taking the cookies out while they’re still soft but slightly browned on the bottom will allow them to firm up perfectly while remaining fudgy on the inside. Enjoy!