Introducing deviled "veggs"! The secret to holding the soy cream, tofu, and sour cream all together is agar agar, which gives the white portion a gelatin-like texture. When you make these, stick as close as you can to this recipe, use the whitest ingredients you can find. Serve these at a party and they're guaranteed to blow the minds of all your guests.
Deviled Veggs [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Deviled Veggs [Vegan]
For the Vegg Whites:
- 1 cup soy cream
- 4 ounces silken tofu, as white as possible
- 3 tablespoons vegan sour cream
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons agar agar
- 1/2 teaspoon black salt
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
For the Filling:
- 8 ounces firm tofu
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
For the Pickled Red Onions:
- 1 red onion, sliced into rings
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup vinegar
How to Prepare Deviled Veggs [Vegan]
To Make the Pickled Onions:
- Boil all ingredients, apart from the onions, and then when the liquid has cooled a bit, pour it and the onions into a jar and store in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
To Make the Vegg whites and Filling:
- Pour the soy cream, tofu, and vegan sour cream in a small blender (or use a wand mixer) and mix until the smooth and there are no tofu bits and everything is one, creamy liquid.
- Pour the liquid into a small pot, add the agar agar, black salt, and onion powder and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and pour into whatever molds you are using, and place them in the refrigerator to set.
- Mix all the filling ingredients in a small blender, transfer to a piping bag or a plastic bag with the corner cut off.
- After about 30 minutes, check the whites to see that they are firm. If they are, use a spoon and scoop a hole out of each white, towards the fatter end.
- Squeeze the filling into the hole in each white, and finally, sprinkle with paprika.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 1284 | Total Carbs: 77 g | Total Fat: 91 g | Total Protein: 49 g | Total Sodium: 2771 g | Total Sugar: 51 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.