Fresh, juicy, red plums blended smooth with flavorful, sweet and nutritious dates churned into a delicious frozen treat! Instead of sugar or any other sweetener I used dates to enhance the nutrition value and add potassium content to this frozen treat to make it healthy for my family.
Date Plum Sorbet [Vegan, Raw]
- 3 cups plums (pitted and chopped)
- 1 cup Medjool dates (pitted, about 12 pieces)
- 2 1/2 cups cold water
- Small pinch of salt
- A drop of lemon juice
- In a blender add all the ingredients and blend smooth (about 1-2 minutes).
- Pour the blended mixture into the ice cream maker and churn as per the manufacturer instructions.
- Take out the churned ice cream in a metal or plastic bowl and freeze it for 2 hours or until ready to be scooped.
- Serve frozen sorbet in your favorite dessert cups and enjoy.
This recipe can be made into popsicles if you do not have ice cream maker. For Popsicles: Pour the blended mixture into the Popsicle molds and freeze it for at least 4 hours. In a Popsicle form it will stay in the freezer for a week. As sorbet, icicles may form and become crumbly but still it will taste equally delicious for a week.