These little brownies are deliciously rich and chocolatey. Make this when those cravings kick in and you need a little hit. This is a very decadent slice, perfect for those that love dark chocolate.
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1/4 cup natural crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup rice or maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tbs molasses
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax, plus 6 tablespoons water, whisk together, then set for 15 minutes.
- 1/4 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup almond meal (or self-rising flour for a non-gluten-free option)
- 3/4 cup vegan dark chocolate covered blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 355°F and line a 8x8-inch baking dish with non stick baking paper.
- In a medium frypan on low, whisk together the peanut butter, coconut sugar, liquid sweetener, molasses and coconut oil. Whisk until it resembles caramel then turn into a mixing bowl.
- Add cocoa powder in 1/4 cup increments, whisking until well mixed and thick like frosting. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Whisk in vanilla, salt and flax eggs and milk until well incorporated then fold in almond flour until you get the consistency of soft dough or very thick batter, and no flour patches remain.
- Fold in chocolate chips then spoon batter into pan, smooth batter into an even layer.
- Bake for 26-30 mins.
- Cool for 1-2 hours, or until completely cool
- Peanut Butter