A delicious loaf that is full of chocolate orange goodness. Free from refined sugar, gluten and dairy, and full of nutritional goodness. Fudgy brownie texture, and just so incredibly delicious.
Dark Chocolate and Orange Pecan Loaf [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Dark Chocolate and Orange Pecan Loaf [Vegan]
- 2 teaspoons Chia Seeds - left aside to soak in 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 Cup Dates (Pitted) - left to soak in 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 Cup Pecan Nuts
- 1 Cup Buckwheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Organic Raw Cacao
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3 teaspoon Psyllium Husks
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Cup Fresh 100% Orange Juice
- Pecan Nuts (Chopped) - to garnish
- Sliced Orange - to garnish
How To Make Dark Chocolate and Orange Pecan Loaf [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Add the chia seeds and boiling water to a small bowl, and set aside to swell.
- Place the dates into a bowl, add the boiling water and set aside to soak.
- Add the pecan nuts to the food processor, and process until fine.
- Add the buckwheat flour, raw cacao, baking powder, psyllium husks and salt and process until all combined.
- Drain the dates from the water, and add to the food processor along with the orange juice and chia seeds. Process until all mixed through.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper, and pour the mixture into the tin. Spread evenly.
- Garnish with the sliced orange and chopped pecan nuts, and place in to the oven at 320°F for 30 minutes.
- Remove at the 30 min mark, rotate and bake for a further 15 minutes at 248°F fan forced.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Slice into slices with a sharp bread knife, and store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile