This curried kale & quinoa salad is exactly what you need after a long day. It's also a great salad to build muscle and energize. Add toasted walnuts for extra omega-3s and brain-boosting power.
Curried Kale and Quinoa Salad [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Curried Kale and Quinoa Salad [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa to 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 bunch kale, destemmed, chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
For the Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
How to Prepare Curried Kale and Quinoa Salad [Vegan]
- Bring quinoa to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes, until all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and let sit 5 more minutes with lid on. Fluff with a fork.
- While quinoa is cooking, prepare remaining salad ingredients and combine in a large bowl.
- Prepare vinaigrette by combining all ingredients in a blender and blending until smooth.
- Let quinoa cool slightly, and add to salad bowl. Top with as much or as little dressing as you like and toss. Eat warm, or cold. Enjoy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 2765 | Total Carbs: 255 g | Total Fat: 177 g | Total Protein: 64 g | Total Sodium: 1244 g | Total Sugar: 37 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.