This curried kale & quinoa salad is exactly what you need after a long day. It's also a great salad to build muscle and energize. Add toasted walnuts for extra omega-3s and brain-boosting power.
Curried Kale and Quinoa Salad [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa to 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 bunch kale, destemmed, chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
For the Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Bring quinoa to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes, until all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and let sit 5 more minutes with lid on. Fluff with a fork.
- While quinoa is cooking, prepare remaining salad ingredients and combine in a large bowl.
- Prepare vinaigrette by combining all ingredients in a blender and blending until smooth.
- Let quinoa cool slightly, and add to salad bowl. Top with as much or as little dressing as you like and toss. Eat warm, or cold. Enjoy!