This simple recipe for curried 'egg' sandwiches is easy, fast, and stores well so you can use it for a quick bite in the morning or grab it for lunch as you are on your way out the door. The tofu's eggy consistency mixed with the simple blend of spices and vegan mayonnaise make for on tasty sandwich.
Curried ‘Egg’ Sandwiches [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 14-ounce package of firm tofu
- 1 3/4 ounces young Thai coconut, fresh and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon seeded mustard
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 small spring onion, sliced finely
- Crumble the tofu into a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mix everything through well. Toast some bread.
- Add the curried egg mixture, some fresh slices of tomato, and some iceberg lettuce before you close the sandwich with the other slice. Cut it into triangles.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving: Calories: 267 | Carbs: 13 g | Fat: 14 g | Protein: 20 g | Sodium: 477 mg | Sugar: 4 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile