This salad is both light and refreshing on its own, but pairs well with brown rice, toasted tofu, and big juicy slice of avocado to make it a more balanced meal. You can never go wrong with that deliciously satisfying umami taste of ume plum vinegar paired with lime and tamari.
Cucumber Seaweed Salad [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Cucumber Seaweed Salad [Vegan]
- 1 large cucumber, spiralized
- 1/2 cup dried wakame, rehydrated
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh microgreens or sprouts
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon gomashio
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons ume plum vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 lime, juiced
How to Prepare Cucumber Seaweed Salad [Vegan]
- In a small bowl, add the dried wakame and cover with warm water to rehydrate for 5-10 minutes. Once hydrated, drain the excess water off and place the seaweed in a large bowl.
- Next, use a vegetable spiralizer with the flat blade attachment to process the cucumber into thin sheets of noodles. Add the cucumber and chopped cilantro to bowl of seaweed. Toss with sesame seeds and dressing.
- For the dressing, whisk together all ingredients in a bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Store in an airtight glass container in the fridge until ready to use. Give a good shake before pouring over top salad.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.