This salad is both light and refreshing on its own, but pairs well with brown rice, toasted tofu, and big juicy slice of avocado to make it a more balanced meal. You can never go wrong with that deliciously satisfying umami taste of ume plum vinegar paired with lime and tamari.
Cucumber Seaweed Salad [Vegan]
- 1 large cucumber, spiralized
- 1/2 cup dried wakame, rehydrated
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh microgreens or sprouts
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon gomashio
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons ume plum vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 lime, juiced
- In a small bowl, add the dried wakame and cover with warm water to rehydrate for 5-10 minutes. Once hydrated, drain the excess water off and place the seaweed in a large bowl.
- Next, use a vegetable spiralizer with the flat blade attachment to process the cucumber into thin sheets of noodles. Add the cucumber and chopped cilantro to bowl of seaweed. Toss with sesame seeds and dressing.
- For the dressing, whisk together all ingredients in a bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Store in an airtight glass container in the fridge until ready to use. Give a good shake before pouring over top salad.