Perfect for a light dinner or brunch, these crustless quinoa quiche bites are high in protein and fiber but light enough to feast on. Besides quinoa, they contain kale, sweet potato, celery, red onion, and are held together by flax eggs. Freeze a big batch for a healthy addition to your weekly meals, or an appetizer you simply need to warm and serve.
Crustless Quinoa Quiche [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Crustless Quinoa Quiche [Vegan]
- 3 cups cooked quinoa, cooled and set aside
- 4 flax eggs (1/4 cup flax meal and 3/4 cup water, mix and let sit until thickened, about 5-10 minutes)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 8 packed cups kale, blanched in boil water until bright green and de-stemmed
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- 1 1/2 cups sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
How to Prepare Crustless Quinoa Quiche [Vegan]
- Soak 2 cups of quinoa for 4-8 hours, rinse, and drain. Place in pot with 4 cups water, bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and cook until water is absorbed or tender, about 10 minutes. You will have leftover quinoa.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix flax meal and water and let sit.
- Blanch kale in boiling water, drain, and rough chop.
- Combine kale, celery, onion, potato, and seasoning into a food processor, and pulse until combined.
- In a large bowl, add quinoa, almond milk, flax eggs, and processed vegetable mixture, and stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into a small baking pan.
- To make appetizer-sized portions, use cookie scoop and place balls onto parchment paper. You will cook these for less time, about 20 minutes until balls brown slightly up and become somewhat firm.
- Serve immediately, or freeze for later use.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.