Start your day with this nutritious Vegan Breakfast Oatmeal Bowl with Macadamia Nuts, Blood Oranges & Dark Chocolate Chips. Your breakfast is ready in 5 minutes. It’s creamy and so flavourful, perfect for improving your morning mood.
Crunchy Blood Orange Breakfast Oatmeal with Dark Chocolate Chips [Vegan]
For the Oatmeal:
- 1 1/2 cup (375 ml) – oat milk (or preferred plant- based milk)
- 1 cup (90 g) – org sprouted quick oats
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) – org maple syrup
- 4 – whole cloves (or 1⁄4 tsp ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.42 g) – salt
For the Toppings:
- 1 – org blood orange (half per serving)
- 3-6 – macadamia nuts (crushed) (three per serving)
- 1/4 cup – dark chocolate chips (vegan & gluten-free)
- In a medium saucepan, add the plant-based milk with salt, cloves, and maple syrup and bring to boil on the stovetop. Add the quick oats and simmer for 1 minute. Remove from stovetop, cover and leave to rest for 3 minutes.
- While the oats are resting, peel and slice the blood oranges, and prepare the serving bowls.
- Add about a cup (or the desired amount) of cooked oats in a bowl, arrange slices of blood oranges, and top with crushed macadamia nuts and dark chocolate chips.