This recipe will bring fast food right into your own home! This recipe is made with homemade ingredients, and will satisfy all of your cravings!
Crunch Wrap Supreme [Vegan]
For the Spicy Sofritas Tofu:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced small
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped roughly
- 1 16-ounce package of extra-firm organic tofu (pressed to release all the liquid)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (1 teaspoon sea salt if your taco seasoning doesn't have salt)
- 1/2 jalapeno, minced finely with seeds
- 1/2 cup mild or medium salsa
For the Cashew Queso:
- 1 cup soaked raw organic cashews
- 1/2 cup purified/filtered water
- 1/4 - 1/2 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (I used La Morena)
- 1.5 tsp taco seasoning (1 tsp sea salt if your taco seasoning doesn't have salt)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
For the Crunch Wraps:
- 4-6 Large burrito-sized flour tortillas (the biggest organic option I found was the 8.5 inch Mi Rancho Organic Tortilla's - 6 count) This recipe would work best with a 10 or 12 inch large tortilla wrap so choose that if you can!
- 4-6 Small corn tortilla's (the best option I found was the 6-inch Ula Tortilla Corn Tortilla's - 12 count)
- 2 cups refried black beans, made from scratch or canned
- guacamole made with 1 avocado, red onions, cilantro, cumin, lime or lemon, salt and jalapeño peppers
- 2 cups cabbage soaked in apple cider vinegar, sea salt and olive oil
- Mild or medium salsa
- Cashew queso
To Make the Sofritas Tofu:
- Open your tofu package, drain the liquid and place the tofu on a paper towel on a large plate. Wrap the tofu in the paper towel and secure it with another paper towel, a small plate and a book on top (see accompanying photo above). Let this do its things for 2-3 minutes then repeat with fresh paper towels. (DON'T SKIP THIS STEP).
- Heat your oil in a medium-sized skillet or a wok and add your onions, bell pepper, jalapeño, spices, tofu and salt to the pan.
- Break the tofu apart into small crumbles and cook down for up to 10 minutes. Add your salsa and cook for another 10 minutes or until fully dried out and crispy.
To Make the Cashew Queso:
- Add everything to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Brush a few corn tortilla's with olive oil and sprinkle sea salt on both sides
- Bake on 400 degrees for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Turn your fire to medium flame/level and place a clean pan with olive oil on the stove. Allow the pan to warm up while you assemble the crunch wrap supreme
- Lay a large tortilla on a flat surface and layer in this order: tofu sofritas, refried beans, cashew queso, guacamole, salsa, cabbage, crunchy corn tortilla
- Rub vegan butter or olive on the corners of the large tortilla and fold in the edges to cover the crunchy tortilla
- Carefully place the crunch wrap supreme in your skillet seam-side-down. Cook on each side for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Cut and serve with extra queso, guacamole and/or rice and veggies!