These gluten-free and vegan Crunch bars are a sinless twist on the traditional crunch bars we all love. However, these are made of homemade dark chocolate and airy brown rice crispy cereal in every bite—no artificial ingredients! These yummy chocolate bars are gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, soy-free, egg-free, nut-free, refined sugar-free, clean-eating, quick, easy, and only use 4 ingredients!
Crunch Bar Copycats [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cup brown rice cereal
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 3/4 cup organic unrefined extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- Line an 8x8-inch pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Then, in a double boiler add the coconut oil. Once it’s melted, whisk in the cacao powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and sea salt.
- Thereafter, fold in the rice crispy cereal.
- Transfer it to the prepared pan and move it to the refrigerator for about 2 hours, or until completely solidified. You can also put it in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes so it solidifies quicker.
- Slice into 8 bars or bites of preferred size and enjoy!
If you don't have a double boiler you can make one by filling water a little less than half way up a medium saucepan. Then, set a heat-safe bowl over the top and bring the water to a boil. If you use a 9x9-inch pan your bars will be a bit thinner. These will last about a month in the fridge in an airtight plastic bag or container and up to 3 months in the freezer in an airtight plastic bag or container.