These 3-ingredient crispy potato leek rolls are the perfect lunch or snack! Couple them with vegan yogurt, chives, and a large bowl of salad!
Crispy Potato Leek Rolls [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Crispy Potato Leek Rolls [Vegan]
- 4 potatoes
- 1 large leek
- 8 3/4-ounces phyllo dough
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Oil as needed
- Water as needed
How to Prepare Crispy Potato Leek Rolls [Vegan]
- Clean and wash leek thoroughly, to get rid of dirt, then dry and finely cut into thin slices.
- Peel potatoes and finely dice.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in the pan, then add diced potatoes and season with salt. Cook on medium, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and crispy. Then, add sliced leek and cook for another minute or two, until the leeks soften and turn a bright green color. Remove from stove and set aside.
- Prepare your phyllo dough. Separate each sheet of dough, then coat it with a thin layer of oil (use water if you want softer rolls), fold it and cut in half, so you'll get 2 two-layered squares from each sheet of dough. You can do this differently, just make sure to get enough squares of dough for your rolls.
- Take a spoon of potato and leek filling, place it in a fat line on one end of the dough square, then fold in the top and bottom to secure the ends, and roll the dough in. Apply some more water or oil on the sides and over the top of the roll.
- Repeat until you use up all of the dough and filling.
- Preheat oven to 360°F. Line a baking tray with baking paper, then place rolls on the tray and bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown. If you want softer rolls, apply water with a brush while baking.
- Once done, remove rolls from oven and set aside to cool.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Potato Recipes
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.