Crispy chickpea “nuggets”, these are really easy to make and hold together well. Perfect for lunch or dinner!
Crispy Chickpea Nuggets [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup each shelled sunflower seeds and oats
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, saving a few tbsp of the juice
- 1 cup bread crumbs or ground oats
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Almond milk (to dip)
- First grind up the shelled sunflower seeds and oats and set aside.
- Process everything until mixture is thoroughly blended then form in to nugget shapes
- Dip each nugget in plain almond milk and roll in sunflower seed and oat mixture
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 350°F for approximately 30min
- You can eat them like this, or once cooled pan fry with a little olive oil for more crispiness