You can use it in a very versatile dressing for salads or roasted veg, or a dip for vegetable crudité. Get ahead by making this up to 4 days in advance and storing it in the fridge.
Creamy Salad Dressing or Dip [Vegan]
- 7 oz silken tofu
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon flaked sea salt
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Blend together all the ingredients, apart from the sesame seeds, until smooth.
- Add enough cold water to give you your preferred consistency, keeping it thick to use for dipping into, or loosen to a pouring consistency for dressing salad leaves.
- Check for seasoning and adjust if needed.
- Serve sprinkled with the sesame seeds.