There are tons of creamy sauces for plant-based eaters finding one without nuts is not so easy – thankfully we found this amazing recipe. It's made from sweet potatoes and a tasty mixture of herbs that are blended smooth and will satisfy your craving for a cream sauce. Plus, this sauce is super versatile and can be used with almost anything.
Creamy Nut-Free Cheese Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 10 ounces sweet potato, cubed
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons oil of choice (optional)
- Steam or boil the sweet potato in boiling water until tender. This will take about 15 minutes.
- Add the cooked sweet potato along with 1 cup of the hot water into a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Blend the cooked sweet potato, hot water, and salt on low, gradually increasing the speed up to high-speed and blending it on high for about 20 seconds.
- Add the remaining ingredients into the sauce and blend on low or pulse until just incorporated.
- Serve fresh over cooked noodles or whatever else you want.
- Garnish it with additional herbs, salt, and pepper.