A surprising easy and rich tasting millet pudding that is actually good for you.
Creamy Millet and Cashew Pudding [Vegan]
- 11/2 tablespoons of oil
- ¾ cup of millet
- 3 cups of almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted cashew nuts
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 4 to 6 bruised cardamoms
- Chopped pistachios
- Chopped candied oranges
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat the oil and add the millet and toast on medium low heat for 5 minutes, until the grains are a pale toffee color. Set the millet aside to cool.
- Take about 1/4 cup of the almond milk and place with the cashew nuts in a blender and blend into a smooth paste.
- Place the millet, cashew nut paste, remaining almond milk, sugar, bruised cardamoms in a slow cooker and cook for 4 hours on high, stirring occasionally if needed.
- Turn off the heat, cool slightly and serve with chopped pistachios and chopped candied oranges. The candied oranges are very optional, I just happened to have them around.
This recipe is cooked in a slow cooker.