A surprising easy and rich tasting millet pudding that is actually good for you.
Creamy Millet and Cashew Pudding [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Creamy Millet and Cashew Pudding [Vegan]
- 11/2 tablespoons of oil
- ¾ cup of millet
- 3 cups of almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted cashew nuts
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 4 to 6 bruised cardamoms
- Chopped pistachios
- Chopped candied oranges
How to Prepare Creamy Millet and Cashew Pudding [Vegan]
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat the oil and add the millet and toast on medium low heat for 5 minutes, until the grains are a pale toffee color. Set the millet aside to cool.
- Take about 1/4 cup of the almond milk and place with the cashew nuts in a blender and blend into a smooth paste.
- Place the millet, cashew nut paste, remaining almond milk, sugar, bruised cardamoms in a slow cooker and cook for 4 hours on high, stirring occasionally if needed.
- Turn off the heat, cool slightly and serve with chopped pistachios and chopped candied oranges. The candied oranges are very optional, I just happened to have them around.
This recipe is cooked in a slow cooker.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.