This vegan red curry is fantastic! So flavorful and delicious! These one-pot vegan curry noodles are basically heaven in your mouth –– creamy, spicy, savory, you-name-it. Cook up a batch for your dinner meal prep!
Creamy Coconut Curry Noodles [Vegan]
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger root minced
- 1-2 green chili minced; I used serrano peppers -- omit for less spice!
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1/2 cups water / vegetable broth
- 8 ounces dry noodles
- 1 14-ounce can lite coconut milk or use 1/2 full-fat and 1/2 water
- 4 cups broccoli or chopped veggies of choice
- salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste
On the Stovetop:
- In a large pot, heat some oil/water and sauté the onion, garlic, ginger, and chili for 4-5 minutes.
- Once fragrant, add in the curry paste and cayenne with a splash of water, using a spatula to incorporate well.
- Stir in the coconut milk, broth, and noodles. Cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes, then add broccoli and cover again.
- Stir occasionally. After 5-10 minutes, the noodles & broccoli should be cooked through. (Some noodles cook more quickly than others, so keep an eye on them!)
- Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste. Serve warm.
In an Instant Pot:
- Follow everything above up to adding the noodles. Stir in broccoli along with the noodles + liquid + salt & pepper, then close the Instant Pot lid and cook on manual mode for 2-5 minutes (2 minutes for thinner wheat/rice noodles; 5 minutes for thicker pasta such as linguine). Quick-release the pressure once the time is up, then stir well & serve warm.