Skip the store-bought stuff and instead make this super easy creamy cherry tomato basil soup! Coconut milk totally bumps up the creaminess and silkiness of the soup. Tomatoes and basil belong together, and this recipe is proof.
Creamy Cherry Tomato Basil Soup [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 3 pounds cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk
- 1 cup fresh basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss tomatoes and garlic with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Spread onto baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, stirring once.
- Carefully, remove tomatoes and garlic from pan and add to a high-speed blender along with vegetable broth, coconut milk, and basil. Pulse on high until soup is smooth. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Add soup to a pan to heat if needed. Enjoy hot.