This soup is creamy, delicious, comforting, and everything you could want from a soup! The addition of cashew butter and nutritional yeast give this dish an amazing smoothness. What are you waiting for?
Creamy Cheesy Broccoli Soup [Vegan]
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 big broccoli florets, chopped (4 1/2 cups)
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped (1 1/5 cups)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup nut milk
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 3/4 cups nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place oil in a large pot and heat to medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes until soft. Now add garlic, and sauté until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add broccoli, potatoes, broth, nut milk, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and cook until potatoes are soft, roughly 15 minutes.
- Add cashew butter, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Purée soup in batches in a food processor or with an immersion blender.
- Top with roasted broccoli, roasted potatoes, nutritional yeast and pepper.