Masala Chai literally means ‘mixed-spice tea’ in Hindi. It refers to an aromatic Indian flavor mix of warming spices including cardamom, ginger, cloves, cinnamon and vanilla. Chai spices will soothe your digestion, clear out your sinuses and warm up your body from the inside out. They will also boost your immune system and help to rejuvenate your skin. Enough reasons to enjoy this Creamy Chai Latte!
Creamy Chai Latte [Vegan]
- 2 ½ teaspoons of cinnamon
- 2 ½ teaspoons of ginger powder
- 2 teaspoons of ground cardamom
- 1 ½ teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1 ½ teaspoon of ground coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon of ground star anise
- ½ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of white pepper
- 1 cup of almond milk (or other non-dairy milk of your choice)
- ½ cup of green tea
- 2 medium frozen bananas
- 3 small soft dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon of chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon of chai spice
- 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla powder
- 2 large pinches of Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt (optional, for flavor balance)
- Grind your spices into fine flour with a coffee grinder or dry Vitamix vessel.
- Combine cinnamon, ginger powder, cardamom, cloves, coriander, star anise, nutmeg and white pepper into a small glass jar.
- Seal it and shake well until all herbs are well combined.
- This Chai Spice blend will stay fresh for several months if you store it in an airtight container in a cool dark place.
- Combine almond milk, green tea, frozen banana, dates, chia seeds, chai spice, vanilla powder and salt in the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Garnish with extra chai spice.