If you are are intolerant to dairy or are looking for a more nutritious alternative to classic dishes such as fettuccine Alfredo, try blended veggie-based sauces (especially this cauliflower-based sauce)! Packed with an array of vitamins, fiber, the cauliflower is nothing short of a star ingredient here. The addition of olive oil and roasted garlic provide additional nutrients and, of course, those classic Italian pasta flavors. Toss the roasted purple cauliflower into the finished dish for a pop of color, but you can always use extra white cauliflower or broccoli as well!
Creamy Cauliflower Fettuccine Alfredo [Vegan]
- 4 cups or 1 head (1 lb) cauliflower, cut into florets or 2 cups cooked
- 2 cups purple cauliflower or broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 1/4 cups nondairy milk or water
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 8 oz. fettuccine or pasta of choice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line two sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Mix together white cauliflower, garlic, and 1 tbsp oil and spread evenly onto one pan. Mix the purple cauliflower/broccoli with the remaining tbsp oil and spread onto
- the other pan. Roast 25-30 minutes, until veggies are softened but not crisp.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to package directions.
- Blend roasted white cauliflower, garlic, and all remaining ingredients (except for purple cauliflower/broccoli) together in high speed blender or food processor.
- Mix sauce with cooked pasta, stir in purple cauliflower/broccoli, and top with fresh parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!