This Creamy Almond Mac n' Cheese is a healthy twist on one of the most classic comfort foods! It's quite simple to make, too! Just boil the veggies and blend them with almonds, miso paste, seasonings, and plant-based milk! Pour it over your pasta of choice and you're good to go! This almond mac n' cheese is absolutely delicious and so flavorful. It will impress vegans and non-vegans alike!
Creamy Almond Mac n’ Cheese [Vegan]
- 8 ounce dry pasta of choice
- 1-2 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- 1/3 cup almonds, toasted, or use nuts of choice
- 1/3 cup plant-based milk
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- Cook your pasta according to package instructions; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, chop the potato, onion, and carrot into small pieces; place into a pot and cover with water.
- Boil the veggies for 8-9 minutes, until fork-tender.
- Drain the veggies and add to a blender along with all the remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, adding more seasoning if desired. (The sauce should be salty as it will be mixed with the pasta.)
- Toss the sauce with the pasta until combined, then serve warm.