Pinwheels are these cute little tortilla roll-ups filled with your favorite spread and filling. You can’t go wrong by making pinwheels if you have these 3 main ingredients: tortilla, a spread, and veggies! All right. In short, take a large tortilla, add a generous layer of your favorite spread, and then arrange your favorite veggies on top. Roll the tortilla up tightly, chill, cut, and impress your party guests.
Cream Cheese Pinwheels with Fresh Veggies [Vegan]
- 3 Tortillas (10-inch, large)
- 12 tablespoons vegan Cream Cheese
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 6 Young carrots
- 6 tablespoons Sweet corn (canned)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- Cut bell pepper to stripes - I consider bell pepper as a cube and cut off all four sides of this cube. Lay it flat with skins up and cut nice, thin stripes approx. 1/4 inch wide.
- Julienne carrots - In short, choose young carrots, not baby carrots. Cut them in half to have approx. 4-inch long carrot stalks. Then, cut them in quarters vertically 1/4-inch thick.
- Cut cucumbers to stripes - Slice through the length of the cucumber to create columns that are approx. 4 inches long.
- Now, slice them length-wise to create thin cucumber slices. Finally, take each slice and cut them to matchsticks.
- Lay flat your tortilla and add a generous layer of cream cheese
- Add the veggies starting from the bottom up until the top. Leave a little room on both sides so you when you roll them up the end of the tortilla sticks to the roll-up.
- When your tortilla is all filled up, roll it tightly.
- Depending on the cream cheese you use, you might need to chill the tortilla roll-ups (covered in cling foil) in the fridge to set them completely.
- You can cut them approx. 1-1.5 inch before serving. You can prepare them the day before. In that case, cover them up tightly with cling foil or pack them up to an airtight container.