This crazy colors ice cream cake is perfect for your next rainbow-themed celebration or for whenever you want to make a fun dessert! It's a vanilla coconut milk ice cream with natural food coloring mixed into different batches. So fun and so tasty! This vegan ice cream cake is such a crowd-pleaser!
Crazy Colors Ice Cream Cake [Vegan]
- 3 tins coconut milk
- 3/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla bean powder
- 3 teaspoons vanilla vodka or vanilla essence
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tsp guar gum
- 3-6 drops natural food coloring, in 6 different colors
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Split into two batches of around 25 ounces each.
- Chill mix in the freezer for 20-40 minutes (or at least one hour in the fridge).
- Line the bottom of a springform tin with sandwich wrap and store the tin in the freezer until ice cream is ready.
- Churn the first batch in an ice-cream maker until smooth and creamy (about 20 minutes).
- Split ice-cream into three different bowls and add a few drops of food colouring (a different color in each bowl).
- Stir quickly and thoroughly until the colour is mixed through.
- Blob spoonfuls of each colour into the springform tin, alternating colours so they are evenly distributed around the tin.
- Put tin and ice cream into the freezer and freeze overnight.
- Repeat with the second batch of ice-cream, using three different colours.
- Smooth the top of the finished ice cream cake with a spatula.
- Store cake in the tin in the freezer overnight.
- To remove the cake from the springform tin, run a flat knife around the edge of the tin to release the cake from the side, and undo the springform clip.
- Invert the cake over a plate, and gently pull on the sandwich wrap to release the cake from the tin.
- Slice and serve immediately.
- Store any leftover cake in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Give yourself a full two days before you want to serve up this cake, to give you time to mix, churn and freeze both batches.
- Coconut Milk