These cookies are healthy enough to enjoy for breakfast or a snack, but delicious enough for a satisfying dessert. Made from rolled oats, they are entirely vegan and gluten-free, and they come together in 25 minutes or less!
Cranberry Walnut Oatmeal Cookies [Vegan]
- 4 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats, divided
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave
- 2 tablespoons egg replacer and 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup walnut pieces
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a food processor, process 1 1/2 cups of the oats into a fine meal. Set aside.
- In a deep mixing bowl, beat together vegan butter, brown sugar, and maple syrup with an electric beater until creamy. Add egg replacer + water and vanilla and beat again until mixed.
- Add cornstarch, ground oats, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder and mix with the electric beater on low until just combined.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in remaining 3 cups rolled oats, walnut pieces, and dried cranberries.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake in preheated oven for 15-18 minutes, or until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack before serving!