A mixture of raw cashews and young coconut meat filled with tangy dried cranberries make the flavor of this chevre log unique. It's soft, sliceable, and spreadable, making it perfect as an appetizer to serve alongside grapes and crackers.
Cranberry Pecan Chevre Log [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup young coconut meat, packed
- 1/2 cup raw cashew butter or macadamia nut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon probiotic powder
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, combine the coconut meat, cashew butter, sea salt, lemon juice, and probiotic powder, and blend until smooth.
- Scoop into a bowl, and cover. Let sit out overnight, until it is tangy (give the probiotics a chance to work).
- Once it is tangy, mix in the cranberries, and place in the refrigerator until chilled. Once chilled, scoop onto a sheet of plastic wrap, and use it to shape into a log (kind of rolling it on the inside of the plastic).
- Spread out pecans on a plate, and then roll the cheese log in it using the plastic to assist you so it does not stick to your hands. Place in the refrigerator for a few hours to firm up before serving.
Keeps for about 1 week in the refrigerator.