Serve this dish as your next gathering or when you need to bring a dish to pass. It would be delish served with chips, as "salsa" for a baked potato, on top of a toasted English muffin, or another other avenue you can think of.
Cowboy Caviar [Vegan]
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cups, frozen corn
- 4 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 ripe avocados, seeded and diced
- 1, 15 ounce can reduced-sodium black beans
- 1, 15 ounce can reduced-sodium black eyed peas
- 1 large handful cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Get out a large cutting board an excellent knife and get chopping. Placed your diced red onion, peppers, tomatoes, avocados, chopped cilantro, and frozen corn in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, sugar, vinegar, chili powder, and salt until well combined.
- Mix in the dressing with the chopped cancer fighters and mix until well combined.
- Let the dish marinate and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving, or better yet, overnight.