There are no measurements for this recipe because it is up to you to decide how hungry you are! Just follow the measurements and directions for the couscous, and the rest is up to you. Couscous breakfast bowls are so quick and easy!
Couscous Breakfast Bowl [Vegan]
For the Breakfast Bowl:
- 1 cup cooked whole wheat couscous
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk, unsweetened (more or less depending on your preference)
For the Toppings:
- Strawberries, sliced
- Banana, sliced
- Raw sunflower seeds
- Raw pumpkin seeds
- Toasted Coconut
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Small drizzle of 100% pure maple syrup
- If you cook just one cup of couscous, you'll have enough for at least four breakfast bowls. Cooking couscous is super easy. Here's how.
- Bring 2 cups of water (475ml) to a boil in a small pot.
- Add 1 cup of whole wheat couscous (180g), stir, turn off the heat, cover the pot with a lid, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, fluff with a fork, and bam, ready to go.
- After the couscous cools, put it into a container and store in your fridge. When you're ready to make your breakfast bowl, do the following:
- Place as much couscous as you're hungry for into a small pot, and add enough non-dairy milk until a consistency that you like is reached.
- Heat the couscous and milk and pour it into a bowl.
- Top with strawberries, banana, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, toasted coconut, cinnamon powder, and a drizzle of maple syrup.