Latinos celebrate the season with our own version of egg nog called coquito, which is just like egg nog except we add a tropical flair to it by using coconut milk as opposed to regular milk. It is absolutely delicious!
Coquito (Puerto Rican Eggnog) [Vegan]
- 2 cans sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 1 can evaporated coconut milk
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cans unsweetened coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- white rum to taste (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients except for the rum into a blender.
- Blend until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Stir the rum into the mixture by hand and taste. The amount of rum is based on your taste preferences so you can add as much or as little as you want.
- Pour the coquito into an airtight glass bottle.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to one week.