This dairy-free cheesecake recipe is about to change your dairy-free world! It is dairy-free, egg-free, easily made gluten-free, free of high fructose corn syrup, and made primarily of almonds.
Cookies and Cream Cheesecake [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 12 ounce package, Classic Creme Cookies, divided (Reserve 5 cookies for filling)
- 1/4 cup plant-based butter, melted
For the Filling:
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 16 ounces extra firm, organic tofu
- 8 ounces vegan Ricotta
- 2, 8 ounce containers vegan cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 reserved Classic Creme cookies from crust ingredients
- Optional: Dairy-free hot fudge
- Prepare your 9-inch springform pan for the cheesecake. Be sure it has a nice, tight seal*. Preheat your oven to 375ºF.
- Start by opening your tofu package. Press the tofu for about 5 minutes. This will remove some of the excess water. While you wait, make the crust.
- Using a food processor, blend all cookies except for the 5 you’ll save for the cheesecake filling. Once blended into crumbs, add the 1/4 cup melted plant-based butter. Mix until well combined.
- Add the cookie mixture to the prepared pan. Press into the pan to form the crust. Line the bottom of the pan, and up the edge of the pan if you have enough cookies. Set aside.
- Next, make the filling. Using your food processor, add the pressed tofu, cornstarch, and sugar. Blend for 4 minutes until smooth. You may need to stop halfway and wipe down the sides.
- Once smooth, add the ricotta, cream cheese, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and salt. Blend for another 4 minutes, or until completely smooth.
- Pull out the blade and using your hands, break up the 5 remaining cookies into the batter. Fold the batter with a rubber scraper until the cookie crumbs are distributed evenly.
- Add the batter to the prepared pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the center is set. Allow the cheesecake to cool completely. Once cooled, add to the refrigerator for at least 4-6 hours. Although, the best cheesecake is make a full-day ahead of time!
- When ready to serve, drizzle with warmed, dairy-free hot fudge. Enjoy!