This coconut tomato curry is to die for. It is so filling, full of nutrients and oh so delicious! And it is a great meal to prep and eat throughout the week!
Coconut Tomato Curry [Vegan]
- 1 cook brown rice (uncooked, or 3 cups precooked)
- 2 cups purple cabbage
- 1 mango
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1/2 an onion
- 3 stalks of celery
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 3 cups chickpeas/garbanzo beans (or 1 can of beans)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (fire roasted preferably)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1-2 dashes of sea salt
- Sriracha (optional)
- Cook rice according to package directions, or use left overs.
- Then chop cilantro, cabbage, mango and set aside.
- Then chop onion and celery, add to a large saucepan with coconut oil and sauté until onions become clear in color and fragrant.
- Then add beans, coconut milk and tomatoes, stir well.
- Then add curry, cumin, turmeric, garlic and sea salt.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if desired. When ready to serve, place brown rice in bottom of bowls, add curry mixture on top of rice, then top off with cabbage, mango and cilantro.
- Add sriracha if you want to spice things up.