The best part about these cookies is that you can really use any type of nut butter - cashew, almond, peanut - test them all out and pick your favorite! These cookies are so moist and rich, you won't be able to make just one batch.
Coconut Oil Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (hard)
- 1/2 cup almond, cashew, or peanut butter
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Cream together the coconut oil, nut butter, coconut sugar, vanilla, and apple sauce until smooth. Mix your dry ingredients in a small bowl, then slowly mix into the wet ingredients until just incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and place cookies (about 2 tablespoons of dough each) on a baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool!