These Coconut Oatmeal Cookies with Coconut Glaze add a seasonal twist to a classic treat that many of us find so familiar and comforting. To create this delicious pairing, I found non-vegan recipes from Whole Foods and The Food Network and adapted them to better fit a vegan diet. Pair these cookies with a cup of warm citrus tea for a perfectly sweet and summery dessert, snack or breakfast.
Coconut Oatmeal Cookies with Coconut Glaze [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Coconut Oatmeal Cookies with Coconut Glaze [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder Coconut Glaze
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegan confectioners' sugar
How to Prepare Coconut Oatmeal Cookies with Coconut Glaze [Vegan]
- To make the cookies, preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread, brown sugar, applesauce, vanilla extract and sea salt until all ingredients are combined.
- Add the coconut and sunflower seeds to the mixture and stir.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oats, all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until all ingredients combine to form a thick batter.
- Spoon the batter onto the baking sheets, leaving approximately two inches of space between each cookie. The dough won't spread out much when baking, so go ahead and press down on the dough a bit if you want a flatter cookie in the end.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the tops of the cookies begin to brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, whisk together the coconut milk, vanilla extract and confectioners' sugar.
- Drizzle or brush the glaze over top of the cookies and enjoy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 108 | Carbs: 14 g | Fat: 6 g | Protein: 2 g | Sodium: 36 mg | Sugar: 8 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.