Turns out, coconut flour makes a delicious coating on roast potatoes. Who knew?? These turmeric potatoes make a fantastic and healthier option if you're craving a breaded french fry on the side of your meal. The recipe is also super simple! All you need is coconut four, turmeric, potatoes, olive oil, and a bouillon cube. Just coat the potatoes and bake them in the oven. The final result: perfectly crisp turmeric potatoes that go well with any main dish!
Coconut and Turmeric Roast Potatoes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 large potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- Place the potato wedges in a saucepan and cover with water. Allow the water to reach boiling point then lower the heat and allow to simmer for 2 minutes. Drain in a colander and set aside.
- To make the coating, place the coconut flour, turmeric, olive oil and vegetable bouillon cube in a large bowl and mix until you have a paste.
- Drop the potatoes into the paste and mix to coat them completely.
- Spread the potatoes out on a lightly greased roasting tin. Drizzle with a little extra olive oil and cover with foil (poke the foil and create some holes to allow any steam to escape).
- Place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, at 400 degrees. Remove the foil 3/4 of the way through the cooking time and turn the potatoes over once.
- Serve as a side dish or have as a meal with your favorite tomato sauce (aka ketchup).