There’s really nothing like fresh (don’t even bother with dried mint). Mint adds brightness to salads (both the fruit and greens kind), authenticity to Asian dishes, something different to energy bars, makes wonderful tea, and contributes its cool freshness to green smoothies. It’s a perfect match with chocolate. And coconut.
Cocoa-Coconut-Mint Smoothie [Vegan]
- 1 cup water
- 6 oz. unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1/2 cup dates, soaked and drained
- 2 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves (plus additional for garnish, if desired)
- 2 coconut-chocolate tea bags
- Approximately 2 cups water (to make approximately 16 tea ice cubes)
- cacao nibs, for garnish
- large flake unsweetened coconut, for garnish
- Place two tea bags in 2 cups of boiling water and steep overnight in the refrigerator. Remove the teabags and pour the tea into an ice cube tray. Freeze for several hours.
- In a blender, combine the water, yogurt, avocado, dates, cacao powder, mint, and tea ice cubes and process until smooth and thick. Pour into glasses and top with additional mint leaves, coconut flakes and cacao nibs.