I saw these divine portobello mushrooms in the supermarket and I had to buy them so I could make burgers. I served them with pesto and a salad on the side for a perfect, summer inspired and clean meal. You can prepare a double batch so that you have some to grab later for a quick, pre-prepared meal. Just my style!
Clean Eating Portobello Burgers With Pea Pesto [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Clean Eating Portobello Burgers With Pea Pesto [Vegan]
- 6 portobello stems removed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper Pepper Salad:
- ½ medium onion, sliced
- 3 peppers, I use three colors: yellow, red and orange
- 2 tablespoons mild vinegar (white wine or champagne)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup peas (thawed or cooked if you use raw)
- ⅓ cup nuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup parsley or basil
- 1 clove garlic
- dried chile de arbol * Optional
- salt and pepper
- 6 hamburger buns (select gluten-free to keep the recipe free of gluten)
- fresh spinach
- Dijon mustard
How To Make Clean Eating Portobello Burgers With Pea Pesto [Vegan]
- Pre heat the oven to 400ºF degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Clean mushrooms by brushing them off with a paper towel and scrape out the stem if it is very large.
- Brush oil evenly over the mushrooms and put them on the tray, stem-side up. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Leave them to sit for 15-20 minutes, or until tender when you touch them.
- To make the salad, slice the onion and put it in a glass jar with vinegar and leave it there for a while while you slice the peppers.
- When all peppers are sliced, add them to the onion and then toss them with olive oil. Add the salt and pepper.
- To make the pesto, just mix all ingredients in food processor. Check salt, adjusting to taste.
- To assemble the burgers, smear one side of the bun with dijon mustard and put pesto on the other side. Put a portobello, peppers salad and spinach and then dig in!
- Bell Pepper
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile