The perfect breakfast, snack, or dessert for your whole-foods-plant-based or vegan diet! These are gluten-free, oil-free, soy-free, and refined sugar-free. You can even leave out the maple syrup or agave nectar if your bananas are ripe enough, especially if you choose to use some flavored vegan protein powder. These oatmeal banana bread bars are pretty dense but still fluffy, and are packed with lots of beneficial nutrients!
Cinnamon Oatmeal Banana Bread Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened nut milk
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- 2 cups of old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds or walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, smash the bananas with a fork.
- Whisk in the plant milk and syrup.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix evenly.
- Pour the batter into the prepped baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes, or until the top is browned.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest in the baking dish for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the baking dish and slice into 16 bars.
Protein option: add a serving of your favorite vegan protein powder