This cinnamon apple cake is absolutely heavenly, loaded with moist & juicy apple chunks! It's quite easy to make and doesn't have many ingredients! With autumnal flavors of apple and cinnamon, this is the perfect fall cake. Make it for your holiday party to impress all of your guests. This cinnamon apple cake is fantastic!
Cinnamon Apple Cake [Vegan]
- 1 medium apple
- 1 cup apple chips optional
- 2 tablespoons nut / seed butter
- 2-4 tablespoons coconut sugar to taste, depending on sweetness of your apple
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds ground; for flax egg*
- 2 tablespoons water for flax egg*
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour or use GF if needed
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon plus more to taste
- Dice half of the apple and cut the other half into thin slices. Break the larger apple chips into bite-sized pieces, reserving some whole pieces for topping.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 6-inch cake pan (or a baking pan of your choice).
- In a bowl, whisk together the flax egg, nut / seed butter, sugar, and milk.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon, then fold gently with a spatula.
- Fold in the diced apple and halved apple chips, mixing until combined. Pour the batter into the pan, and top with the remaining apple slices + apple chips.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Let the cake cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!