Listen up…this recipe for Cilantro Lime Glazed Chickpeas With Mango Salsa will leave you feeling refreshed and satisfied after a long day. It is extremely easy and quick while not sacrificing any flavor. Chickpeas are tossed in a quick cilantro lime sauce and then topped with a mango salsa consisting of mango, red onion, cilantro, lime, and salt. It's perfect for the heat and will satisfy your tastebuds with all the right flavors. Bright, zesty cilantro lime glazed chickpeas topped with a sweet mango salsa. Serve these Cilantro Lime Glazed Chickpeas over brown rice or spice it up by serving them as tacos.
Cilantro Lime Glazed Chickpeas With Mango Salsa [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Cilantro Lime Glazed Chickpeas With Mango Salsa [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Cilantro Lime Chickpeas
- 1-15 oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Drizzle of sriracha
- Cornstarch slurry (1/2 teaspoon corn starch + 1 teaspoon water)
- 1 mango, diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
How to Prepare Cilantro Lime Glazed Chickpeas With Mango Salsa [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- In a small saucepan, combine all chickpea ingredients (except chickpeas). Bring to a low boil, then simmer for 4-5 min. until thickened. Add in chickpeas, turn down heat, and cook for an additional 2-3 min. until chickpeas are heated through.
- While chickpeas are cooking, prepare the salsa. Combine all salsa ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve chickpeas over brown rice and top with mango salsa. Garnish with a lime wedge and flaky sea salt.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.