These peanut butter and banana chocolate doughnuts are pure gorgeousness. Placing chewy banana slices at the bottom of the pan gives them a distinct appearance that'll catch everybody's eye. And they don't just look good — they taste just like a doughnut version of that beloved ice cream flavor. The leftover batter can also be made into muffins, or into more doughnuts!
Chunky Monkey Doughnuts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Dry Ingredients:
- 1 cup buckwheat flour (or flour of choice)
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
For the Wet Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/3 cup coconut yogurt
- 1/3 cup chewy dehydrated bananas, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix until combined. Next, add in the banana, coconut oil, coconut yogurt, and peanut butter, and mix well.
- Rub a little bit of coconut oil in the donut molds then add in a few pieces of banana to the bases.
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoonfuls of the mix into the molds then bake for 12-13 minutes. Allow the donuts to cool in the pan before removing them from the molds.
- If you have some extra batter and want variety, divide the batter among muffin liners in a cupcake tray and bake for approximately 18 minutes. Remove, allow to cool, and then top with some chunky peanut butter and banana slices.