These peanut butter and banana chocolate doughnuts are pure gorgeousness. Placing chewy banana slices at the bottom of the pan gives them a distinct appearance that'll catch everybody's eye. And they don't just look good — they taste just like a doughnut version of that beloved ice cream flavor. The leftover batter can also be made into muffins, or into more doughnuts!
Chunky Monkey Doughnuts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Chunky Monkey Doughnuts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Dry Ingredients:
- 1 cup buckwheat flour (or flour of choice)
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
For the Wet Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/3 cup coconut yogurt
- 1/3 cup chewy dehydrated bananas, chopped
How to Prepare Chunky Monkey Doughnuts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix until combined. Next, add in the banana, coconut oil, coconut yogurt, and peanut butter, and mix well.
- Rub a little bit of coconut oil in the donut molds then add in a few pieces of banana to the bases.
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoonfuls of the mix into the molds then bake for 12-13 minutes. Allow the donuts to cool in the pan before removing them from the molds.
- If you have some extra batter and want variety, divide the batter among muffin liners in a cupcake tray and bake for approximately 18 minutes. Remove, allow to cool, and then top with some chunky peanut butter and banana slices.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.