This Chocolate Zucchini Cake is not only vegan but so moist and rich on the inside, it might just become your new go-to chocolate cake! The added zucchini gives it more moisture than usual and the addition of vegan yogurt makes it extra soft! This Chocolate Zucchini Cake is definitely a keeper!
Chocolate Zucchini Cake [Vegan]
For the Zucchini Cake:
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon espresso powder (or 1 teaspoon cinnamon)
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, finely shredded
- 1 cup vegan yogurt/pumpkin puree/apple sauce/mashed banana
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
For the Coating:
- 3 1/2 ounces dark chocolate
- Place the 7 dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and combine. Place the wet ingredients in a separate bowl and whisk together. Combine wet with dry ingredients with a spatula until you have a smooth mixture (don’t over mix).
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Scoop the batter into the pan and carefully even out with a spoon.
- Place in the oven for 50-55 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Place on a cooling rack and let cool down completely.
- Melt your chocolate over a water bath and spread over the cake, let cool down completely until the chocolate is firm before slicing.