These Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Brownies are as delicious as they are easy to make! Rich & Decadent, Vegan & Dairy-Free.
Chocolate Zucchini Brownies [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla paste
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- pinch of fleur de sel
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a small rectangle baking tin (about 20x20 cm / 8x8 inch) with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, place sugar, coconut sugar, canola oil and flour. Whisk together to achieve a wet sand-like texture.
- Add cacao powder, vanilla, salt, baking soda.
- Grate a medium-sized zucchini to get about 2 cups of grated zucchini. Add to the mixture along with plant-based milk and mix by hand to combine into a thick gooey mixture.
- Lastly gently fold in dark chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into the baking tin lined with parchment paper, spread evenly and place in preheated oven.
- Bake for about 35 minutes. To check the dough is baked, insert a toothpick into the dough and remove it - there should be no dough sticking to the tooth pick (melted chocolate is fine).
- Remove from oven and set on a cooling rack to cool down completely.
- Once cooled, cut into about 12 pieces and sprinkle fleur de sel on top.