Absolutely delectable dessert cubes of fresh and vibrant flavor! Full of good nutrition and flavor, with no guilt!
Chocolate Raspberry Squares [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons organic raw cacao
- 3/4 cup chopped dates, pitted
- 4 tablespoons cold-pressed coconut oil, melted
For the Raspberry Cashew Cream:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 4-6 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 vanilla pod, scraped
- 3 tablespoons cold-pressed coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
For the Chocolate Drizzle:
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup
For the Toppings:
- Freeze-dried raspberries
- Raw cacao nibs
- Add the almonds into a food processor, and blitz for approximately 10 seconds. Add the dates and blitz for a further 10 seconds.
- Add the remaining base ingredients and process until a big sticky ball forms. You may need to stop the food processor from time to time to scrape down the sides.
- Once you're happy with your base, remove from the food processor and begin to pressing down the mixture into greased (with coconut oil) molds. Ice cube molds work great, but any you fancy will do, ensuring they're quite deep.
- Ensure you press down well to create a firm base, using the back of a teaspoon with a little bit of coconut oil on it to do this. Place into the freezer while you prepare the cashew cream.
- Clean the food processor, and begin to make the raspberry cashew cream.
- Add the cashews, rice syrup, lemon juice and coconut oil into the food processor and blitz. The mixture should start to combine creating a creamy texture. Add the desiccated coconut and frozen raspberries, and blend until a smooth creamy texture forms, stopping to scrape down the sides if necessary.
- Pour into the molds, on top of the base, and put back into the freezer to set for approximately 30 mins.
- Once the mixture has set, you can make the chocolate drizzle. Do this by adding coconut oil to a small saucepan, and heating up on a gentle heat. Gradually add the raw cacao powder.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the rice syrup. You should be left with a thick chocolate sauce.
- Carefully spoon this into a small ziplock bag corner. Twist up the back, to create a makeshift piping bag. Cut a tiny section off of the corner and begin drizzling the chocolate sauce over the raspberry squares.
- Decorate with freeze dried raspberries and raw cacao nibs and put back into the freezer.
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 days, and remove 5mins prior eating to thaw.