Easy gluten-free quinoa chocolate breakfast porridge that has a creamy texture. It’s one of those superfood breakfasts that is perfect for the digestive system!
Chocolate Quinoa Porridge [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup quinoa (soak and rinse overnight or at least few hours, once it’s soaked it’s more than half a cup)
- 1 cup hempseed, cashew or coconut milk (or any other milk such as almond milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons raw cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sweetener (optional, use maple syrup or another sweetener)
- For serving: apple or berries & raw chocolate (optional)
- Place the soaked and drained quinoa in the small pot and add water. Bring to a boil and cook until all the water is almost gone (about few minutes). Stir.
- Add milk, vanilla, ground flaxseeds, and salt. Bring to a boil and immediately lower the heat to low.
- Cook for about 7-10 minutes on low heat and stir sometimes to make sure that it doesn’t burn at the bottom of the pot. Add some extra milk when needed (when you don’t serve it straight away, then you might need to add some extra milk).
- Serve with your favorite topping.