These chocolate popsicles have all of the nostalgic yummy-ness of childhood but are way healthier for you! With protein-packed black beans hidden seamlessly, these popsicles are a tasty, nourishing, and refreshing snack for a hot summer day. Dip them in melted dark chocolate and dress them with flaked coconut or cacao nibs for some extra pizazz.
5-Ingredient Chocolate Protein Popsicles [Vegan]
For the Popsicles:
- 1 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 6 pitted large Medjool dates
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate bar, chopped (optional)
- Unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- Cacao nibs (optional)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender set on high until a smoothie-like consistency is reached. Pour the mix into the popsicle moulds and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- For dipping, melt the chopped dark chocolate in a double boiler or in 20 second increments in the microwave. Take each pop out of the mould and place on parchment paper. Dip the pops into the chocolate and sprinkle immediately with coconut and/or cacao nibs.