These brownies taste creamy, sweet, and decadent, but they are surprisingly healthier than most desserts you're going to bite into. These brownies are made with beans and nuts so they have tons of protein and healthy fats. Plus, they taste sinfully delicious.
Chocolate Protein-Packed Raspberry Walnut Brownies [Vegan]
- 2 15-ounce cans adzuki (or black beans)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 7 ounces vegan dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup of plant-based milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen), plus a little extra for sprinkling on top
- 1 cup walnuts, plus extra for sprinkling on top
- Turn the oven to 350°F and line a baking dish with baking paper.
- In a double boiler, melt your chocolate and nut butter. Make sure to regularly mix it on a low heat so it doesn’t burn.
- While the chocolate melts, add your drained rinsed adzuki beans, cacao powder, coconut sugar, flour, milk, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to your food processor and mix them together for 10 seconds.
- Now pour your melted chocolate and nut butter into the food processor and mix them for a further 10 seconds.
- Finally, add in your walnuts and raspberries and pulse them for 10 seconds or until everything’s is just combined.
- Pour the brownie into your tin and then press down with a spatula to even it out. I like to finish mine off with a few raspberries and some extra walnuts, which I roughly sprinkle over the top of the batter and gently press down. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until cooked.