You'll feel like a magician when you prepare these grain-free banana waffles and freeze them to keep on hand. Simply defrost and heat about ten minutes in the oven and become crispy and delicious! These banana waffles are very rich with a little bit of almond butter and roasted bananas or some chia jam. A simple and nutritious combination for an incredibly satisfying breakfast and easy to make!
Chocolate Plantain and Banana Waffles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 green plantain
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil plus more to grease waffle maker
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Peel the plantain and the banana and place them in a blender with the rest of the ingredients. Blend to a uniform consistency.
- Heat a waffle maker and grease with a little coconut oil. Add 2 tablespoons of the mixture into each waffle pan, close waffle maker, and cook for 4 minutes or until the waffle is firm and golden.
- Repeat process with the rest of the mixture, lightly greasing the waffle maker again between each batch. Serve it with almond butter and jam or roasted bananas.
- It can be frozen for up to three months (be sure to separate using wax paper) and simply reheat for about 10 minutes in a medium oven.